Monday, July 22, 2024

Uttara Kannada Landslide Update: 7 Bodies Found, 3 Still Missing as Rescue Operations Persist

Rescue operations are in full swing following a devastating landslide in Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka, which has led to the recovery of seven bodies and the ongoing search for three missing individuals.

“Kerala Woman Dies After Allegedly Receiving Wrong Injection; Medical Negligence Claims Filed”

A 28-year-old woman, Krishna Thankappan, from Malayinkeezhu, has died at the Government Medical College Hospital here following an incident of alleged medical negligence. The woman had fallen unconscious five days earlier after reportedly being given a wrong injection at Neyyattinkara General Hospital.

Noida Woman Discovers Centipede in Amul Ice Cream Ordered Online

Latest newsNoida Woman Discovers Centipede in Amul Ice Cream Ordered Online
Noida Woman Finds Centipede in Amul Ice Cream Tub Ordered Online

In a shocking incident, Deepa Devi of Noida’s Sector 12 discovered a centipede inside a tub of Amul Vanilla Magic ice cream ordered online from Blinkit. What was meant to be an ingredient for a mango shake for her five-year-old son turned into a nightmare when she opened the tub to find the many-legged intruder.

The incident took place when Ms. Devi opened the lid of the ice cream tub, only to find a centipede latched onto it and frozen. The unsettling sight prompted her to record a video of the experience, which has since gone viral on social media and sparked concerns about food safety standards.

Ms. Devi promptly filed a complaint with Blinkit, and the e-commerce platform refunded the ₹195 cost of the ice cream. Blinkit has assured her that they have escalated the matter to Amul for further investigation.

This incident is part of a troubling trend in food safety. Just two days earlier, Dr. Orlem Brandon Serrao from Mumbai encountered an even more gruesome surprise. Dr. Serrao, who had ordered three cone ice creams from an app, bit into a Yummo brand butterscotch ice cream cone and discovered a human finger inside.

“I had ordered three cone ice creams from an app. One of them was a butterscotch ice cream of Yummo brand. After eating half of it, I felt a solid piece in my mouth. I thought it could be a nut or a chocolate piece and spat it out to check what it was,” said Dr. Serrao. “I am a doctor, so I know how body parts look like. When I carefully examined it, I noticed the nails and fingerprint impressions under it. It resembled a thumb. I am traumatized.”

A case was registered against the ice cream company for food adulteration and endangering human life following Dr. Serrao’s discovery.

These incidents highlight serious lapses in food safety protocols and have raised alarms among consumers. Both cases are under investigation, with authorities looking to hold the responsible parties accountable.

Sources By Agencies

Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles