Monday, July 22, 2024

Uttara Kannada Landslide Update: 7 Bodies Found, 3 Still Missing as Rescue Operations Persist

Rescue operations are in full swing following a devastating landslide in Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka, which has led to the recovery of seven bodies and the ongoing search for three missing individuals.

“Kerala Woman Dies After Allegedly Receiving Wrong Injection; Medical Negligence Claims Filed”

A 28-year-old woman, Krishna Thankappan, from Malayinkeezhu, has died at the Government Medical College Hospital here following an incident of alleged medical negligence. The woman had fallen unconscious five days earlier after reportedly being given a wrong injection at Neyyattinkara General Hospital.

“Hyderabad Man Finds Maggot in Swiggy Chicken Biryani, Receives ₹64 Refund”

Latest news"Hyderabad Man Finds Maggot in Swiggy Chicken Biryani, Receives ₹64 Refund"
"Hyderabad Man Discovers Maggot in Chicken Biryani, Swiggy Offers Partial Refund"

In a disturbing incident, a resident of Hyderabad reported finding a maggot in the chicken biryani he ordered through Swiggy. The customer, identified as Sai Teja, took to social media to share his ordeal after discovering the foreign matter in his meal from a restaurant called Mehfil Biryani in Kukatpally.

According to Teja’s post on social media, he found bugs in the chicken pieces of the biryani and promptly raised a complaint with Swiggy’s customer care. In response, Swiggy offered a partial refund of ₹64 for the biryani, which originally cost ₹318.

The screenshots of Teja’s conversation with Swiggy’s customer care revealed the exchange where he reported finding a bug in one of the chicken pieces. The representative expressed apologies for the unsatisfactory experience and explained that the packaging of dishes is the restaurant’s responsibility. However, as a gesture of apology, Swiggy offered the partial refund.

This incident adds to a series of similar cases where customers have reported finding foreign objects or contaminants in their food orders. Recently, a resident of Gujarat highlighted finding a rat in sambar while dining at a restaurant in Ahmedabad. The matter was escalated to the health department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC), leading to the restaurant’s closure due to safety concerns.

Such incidents raise questions about food safety standards and quality control measures in restaurants and food delivery platforms. Customers like Sai Teja emphasize the importance of stringent checks and measures to ensure the hygiene and quality of food served to consumers.

Sources By Agencies

Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles